Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Need a Makeover...

...and little by little, I'm giving myself one.
In the past month I have evaluated my outward appearance and decided it was time to do something about it. So I finally went to get my eyes checked and my eyeglass prescription updated. I got new frames also, to replace the ones that have been sitting crooked over my nose for the past two years. I got my hair cut. It was hanging down to my waist, no style, just frizzy and starting to get tangled more and more these days. Amazing what a few inches off does for one's spirits!
I found myself wanting to throw out everything that I've been wearing for the past four years... I'm tired of stained sweats, faded jeans and sweaters that fall either into the way-oversized or too-tight category. I recently looked at a picture of my daughter in which I'm in the background, having a relaxed conversation with someone. Sausage-like brown corduroys with a grey cashmere sweater that is too tight. I cringe... I may not want to be the size that I am, but that does not mean that I should dress in the size I want to be... I may not be as thin as I want to be, but it is no excuse to hide under clothing. So, it's out with the unflattering clothing and in with better-fitting pieces in colors that cheer me up. Oh yeah, and I also need to wear real shoes and not slip-on sneakers. And while I'm at it, I'll re-vamp my underwear drawer and update my pajamas, as well! This is going to be fun... :)