Monday, November 9, 2009

Baby Steps...

It's all in the small changes that can be made, so today I went grocery shopping and filled my cart with wholesome, minimally processed foods. I know that the less processed the food item, the better it is for you, but I feel that it is necessary to eat things like pasta and bread to round out one's food intake. I cannot live without bread, but I certainly do not need crackers, cookies and chips.

Truth be told, I do enjoy munching on vegetables and fruits. The reason I do not do it more often is because I either do not have it available or the take the time to prep it to be eaten.

Here's what I can do to better my munching habits:

*Wash fruit before putting it in the fruit bowl.
*Have vegetables ready to go in the fridge, like baby carrots and cherry tomatoes.
*Pre-slice other types of vegetables, like peppers and celery and have them ready to eat.
*Have pre-washed lettuce in the salad spinner, ready for a salad
*Have a pot of soup in the fridge, for lunches and snacks.