Thursday, May 20, 2010

I read this post by Debi at The Romantic Vineyard on arrogance and it really made me think.
This is deep... it makes me want to take a closer look at myself and how I live my life, as well. Arrogance says that "my way is better and you are all wrong". I wonder if there is a way of saying, "this works for me, but whatever you do is your prerogative" without sounding patronizing, condescending or arrogant? On the other hand, how many times is humility equated with meekness? As if somehow, it is a lesser state of presence, rather than just another way of living life in way the Lord wants us too? I'm by no means a religious fanatic, but there are many lessons in my Catholic upbringing that make sense towards living a simpler, more satisfying life for everyone, even those not inclined to religion. But I wonder if thinking so makes me arrogant?